Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Miter Town


My friend, AL, said that we appear to be headed to Miter Town. Here is evidence of the early stages of the trip, per Cara's request.

While I am becoming more adventurous with color in my middle age, I am still somewhat reserved, and my decision as to how to design my first square (four miters) was limited by the yarn I had on hand: four balls of Mission Falls 1824 Wool, two in Crocus and two in Aster. My original plan was to accumulate more 1824 Wool and make a baby blanket or throw. However, I am now considering making a simple pillow out of my first square, and following the leader. If all goes as planned, I will be having a mother's day off tomorrow, and I am headed on a 90 mile trek to the yarn store, where my intention is to begin accumulating Cotton Classic for miters. Cara's post yesterday has inspired me to be more adventurous.

Technical note: I am using size 8 needles, but I probably could have used size 9s.

Update 6/29/07: The trip to Miter Town ended prematurely. It initally stalled when I had to frog miter number three not once but twice. This prompted me to put the project aside, which gave me some time to think about it, and I concluded that I do not have the time, financial resources, or wherewithal to continue this project in my current phase of life. It is a blessing to realize one's limitations and to act accordingly.