Monday, April 16, 2007

Rippling Along



I joined The No End in Sight Ripple Along. I have been a fan of rippling for some time. I crochetd my first baby ripple afgan (white and blue) more than a year ago, and I made another (light blue and navy blue) last summer. Both were made using Bernat Softee Chunky, and I used the open ripple pattern and the closed ripple pattern, respectively, from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet.

I have another ripple afgan in progress that has been put aside for now. It is the Classic Ripple Blanket from Cozy Crochet. I'm using the Wool Ease Thick & Quick called for, but I'm using different colors. More on this with photos when I resume working on it.

I am currently crocheting a soft waves (from 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns) ripple baby afgan for my brother's new baby using Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton. The orange (Poppy) and blue (Indigo) colors were selected becuase my brother is a basketball coach, and these are his team colors. I didn't think about it until later, but his team is the tigers, which makes the ripple stripes especially appropriate.


When I finish the "Baby Tiger Ripple," I want to begin working on a more colorful, full-size afgan. I've especially admired the ones I've seen made from Caron Simply Soft Brites. Of course, I'd also like to try a round ripple. Decisions. Decisions.