Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Another FO!


  • Pattern: "Cozy Kerchief" from Cozy Crochet (I call it my "Granny Shawl.")
  • Yarn: Misti Cotton (83% Peruvian Pima Cotton, 17% Silk) in black
  • Hook: Size G aluminum
  • Modifications: The pattern is written for a small scarf, but I just kept going until I ran out of yarn.
  • What I learned: (1) When it comes to wraps, I prefer a stole. Not because I have "Jemima Puddle Duck Syndrome," but because a rectangle shawl provides more coverage for the wearer, which is ultimately a more efficient use of yarn. (2) Misti Cotton produces a great deal of lint. Keep a roller handy at all times.

    • I reached my FO goal! As of this moment, I have only two WIPs: the Classic Ripple from Cozy Crochet and the Irish Hiking Scarf. I will probably not resume the ripple until cool weather returns. I don't think I can handle that much Wool-Ease Thick and Quick piled in my lap during the summer months. As for the scarf, I keep hoping to be inspired to knock it out but I'm just not feeling it. Even several hours riding in the car with nothing else to work on couldn't motivate me to complete it.

      I will cast on for the other sock ASAP, and I plan to begin the Larger Than Life Bag soon. However, I want also to begin another knitting project. Should I resume mitering? Or should I make on of these? I have some yarn in the stash that would work beautifully, I think. (I am committed to knitting from the stash right now.)