Tuesday, June 5, 2007

FO: Baby Tiger Ripple



Over the past several days, I traveled more than 1500 miles by car with my family, which afforded me plenty of time to finish the Baby Tiger Ripple Blanket I have been working on for months. I was also motivated by the fact that a visit to the recipient's home was included in the trip, so I wanted to finish the blanket to avoid having to ship it!

  • Pattern: Soft Waves from 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns by Jan Eaton
  • Yarn: Blue Sky Dyed Cotton in Poppy and Indigo
  • Hook: Size I
  • Modifications: I included a border of two rows of single crochet.
  • What I learned: I do not like weaving in ends. The task of "weaving in" is not the problem. What I don't like is the potential for all of that yarn to unravel. I would like to try a round ripple some day, but I think that I may use a hand painted yarn rather than changing colors. Perhaps three skeins of STR heavy weight would do for a baby size round ripple?