Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stickin' with Stitchin'

I've decided that during this busy season in my life, there is no time to practice and to develop skills that I do not already posses (i.e. drawing, painting, etc.)—at least not in my very limited leisure hours! Therefore, during my free moments in the car or on the sofa while watching a Friday evening movie, I'm going to focus on what I know best, the needle arts. I am pretty confident in my crochet, knitting, and embroidery skills, and I can easily pick up and put down those projects as my schedule permits.

I started a new embroidery project recently. I am stitching a pair of dishtowels for my MIL for her birthday. I found a great set of chicken transfers at a craft store during a recent trip to Washington state (for work!), which are in keeping with the theme of her country kitchen.

I also scored a good deal last week on Ebay on size 12 Valdani perle cotton. I'm stitiching the rooster in size 8 DMC perle cotton, which is comparable to the size 12 Valdani, and I really like it, so I decided to invest in some more threads. I love the subtle colors of the "Muddy Monet" collection.